The programme was organized in collaboration with the Provincial Department of Education, Northern Province. From 6-14 March 2018, an educational training on CETs for 2684 school students from 56 schools in the Jaffna District was conducted. A total of 10 sessions, each of 2.5 hours duration, were organized at 6 different schools. Two sessions were conducted at Vembadi Girls’ High School (Jaffna), Victoria College (Chullipuram), Mahajana College (Tellippalai) and Methodist Girls’ high School (Point Pedro), whereas one session was carried out at Chavakachcheri Hindu College and Velanai Central College.
Target group: Grades 8-11 and G.C.E (A/L) (2019 & 2020 batches of Science and Technology streams)
Main features of the programme:
- Power point (PPT) presentations about Clean Energy Technologies (wind energy, hydro energy, bio energy and solar energy)
- Video presentations on Clean Energy Technologies
- Guided the students to do demonstration of working models such as solar fan cap, solar car, solar phone charger, solar garden night lamp (with senor), Solar fan, solar table lamp, Solar controller
- Hands on experience in building smaller size solar panels using solar cells (Short video coverage of the event)
- Written quiz examination on CETs. Find the list of students selected for further training at the university of Jaffna
- Summary of students’ evaluation of the programme
65 students, who scored above 80 % in the written quiz examination on CETs, were selected for a one-day workshop and final round of quiz competition on CETs to be held in April 2018.
- Professors: P. Ravirajan, A. Atputharajah and Meena Senthilnanthanan
- Senior Lecturers: Dr. B. Ketheesan, Dr. A. Thevakaran, Dr. A. Anbruvel and Dr. R. Shivatharsiny
- Lecturer: Ms.S.Vinothini
- Postgraduate students and Technical officers of University of Jaffna
- Science graduates trained at the Training of Trainer (TOT) prorammes conducted in November 2017
Detailed report of the ten sessions conducted in Jaffna District